The Moultrie A5 is a newly introduced trail camera in the market. It is highly known for its fairly affordable cost, probably the least expensive one in its range. It offers basic features, something that you would expect from the price you pay.
This model is equipped with a 5MP camera resolution, a level that is great for scouting activities. This amount will already produce good quality photos to help you identify the wildlife in the area. This camera can also be used to capture day or night video.
Setting up this camera is fairly simple because of its straightforward features. You do not need to spend hours reading a manual to be able to use it. With this, you can readily scout you entire property without difficulty.
This camera has a nighttime range of 50 ft. as well as a low glow flash. With this, you will be able to take shots at night without scaring away the animals hanging around the area. You can capture images even during the dark hours and see the wildlife that frequents your place.
One drawback of the Moultrie A5 is the image quality. It is not that high especially when put in contrast with the other devices. Some users also complained about it not being able to capture smaller animals. They also reported about getting a lot of whiteout photos. However, these are just minor issues and expected ones considering the price that you pay for this camera.
- 5 MP resolution
- Low-glow infrared flash with 50’ range
- Beautiful color photos during the day, typical infrared night photos
- Set up is a breeze
- Takes 10 second clips of video @30 fps (Frames per second)
- Stamped photos (Moon phase, time, date and Camera ID)
- Holds up to 32 GB SD card
- Programmable trigger delay (1, 5, 10, 30 min.)
- 8000 photos on each set of batteries. Note: Use of video will drastically reduce this.
- Compatible with external power sources (not included)
- Python® cable compatible (cable not included)
In conclusion, the Moultrie A5 gives the value of your money’s worth. It has no excellent features, but you can be sure to get what you pay for.